Monday, June 25, 2012

Jeopardy of Mileage...

Impromptu side note: Being a so-called Politico (simply because I am a non-officially practicing Political Economist), tonight's Final Jeopardy category of Presidential Campaigns makes me happy.

With that out of the way, I am now less than 2 weeks out from my ultra debut. Since my last post, I have firmed up a good portion of my hydration strategy. Since it is a double out and back, I will use multiple water bottles placed at a couple of points on the course. It is a variation of my initial plan of just one water bottle. That plan evolved into trying a hydration vest but within two blocks of using one, I knew it was not going to be for me. I may opt to use a hydration waist pack model that can also hold a water bottle. What I will be doing is running a stretch with fluid and a stretch without. This is so I can rest my arms from the weight.

Mileage wise, I did go over my goal last week. Instead of 55 in a taper, I hit 70. And that was with a day off. I'm shooting for 40-50 this week. Next week, I will take 2 days off and do light mileage with 9-10 on Sunday.

I will say once I pass the ultra, it will be nice to focus less on mileage and more on speed as I have been having trouble as the Spring has progressed with that extra gear.

All for now....

And the answer was Bull Moose.

No comments:

Post a Comment