Saturday, December 15, 2012

Accomplishments - 2012

Originally, this post was going to focus on both my accomplishments in the past year as well as my goals for 2013. However, I felt it more fitting to split them up since I have two more weeks to figure out all my goals in the upcoming year.

With that said, 2012 was a big transition year for me. Not since my high school cross country days did I do this much racing on trails. Since I am about to turn 33, that goes back 15 years. Oddly enough my last real trail race back in 2009 ended up with me injuring my right knee. Yet, with my body not getting younger, I felt a good way to keep my edge and help my body was to go to the trails. Plus, with all the road racing over the past several years, I know my expectations there. Along with the pressure resulting from prior performances. Trail running allowed me to be a rookie in the sense I would build my expectations along the way. Also, I would go beyond the marathon distance. I'd go close to double with a 50 miler. 2012 was a year to expand my boundaries.

I'd say I accomplished things with great success.

-Ran two trail ultras setting course records in both
-Winning a trail running series
-On the roads dipping under 16 minutes multiple times
-Over 2700 miles for the year (my goal was to average 50 a week...or 2615 mi yr)
-Traveling to new areas to race.
-Most lucrative season from winnings.
-Doing long run days that were marathons
-Expanding my runners network
-Got in a snowshoe race
-Lots of wonderful training on trails




No comments:

Post a Comment