Thursday, November 8, 2012

Talking about miles....

Ok, I admit it, I'm a race-a-holic. I like running races and I've been doing them for some many years that my weekends almost feel empty without one. For years, 5K's were fine but now I craze more diversity which I feel is a great thing.

In my last post, I spoke of wanting to do a 10K or HM. After analyzing my options, I have found a few but none of them are events that scream..."do me!" Honestly, the most interesting run for me this week is a 50K down in MD. Right now, I'd say the odds are 50/50 of me doing it. Mainly it is because of the 3 hour drive for an 8am start. So I would have to leave at 4am to give myself time.

If I do not make that race, I feel I will aim for NYRR's 60K next Saturday unless I gut out the miles for longer and do NYARA's 50K on Staten Island. I love the idea of the 60K but the fact it is all on Central Park roads.

These are where I am leaning simply because I feel moving into Ultras and long trail races would lead to great run-cations. 

Thanks for letting me voice my thoughts on some running options.

No comments:

Post a Comment